06 May 2011

Super Human, The Queen of My Heart...

Mother's day is just around the corner. In case you are still confuse on the exact date...it's this coming Sunday, 8th May 2011! It's a worldwide celebration (though its celebrated on different days) to recognize mothers. Besides that, it is the time of the year when flower's prices shoot up(besides Valentine's day) and children cracking their head thinking what to buy or how to make mothers feel special on this special day.

Good news is there are loads of options. The bad news is get ready for the bomb! But what is money compared to what we "owe" them. From carrying us in their womb for 9 months, morning sickness, back ache, sleepless nights, swollen feet up till the "contraction pain" and ZE "pushing" part. Owhh...you don't want to know. And mind you....their "services" have no expiry date. It only ends on the day they return to the almighty creator.Coming back to my earlier question...what is money compared to what we "owe" them? INCOMPARABLE because they are PRICELESS. Thats what it is! We can never repay them with any kind of gift or treat. Period.

As for me...I'm still very much attached to my mom. Sent my daughter to a day care near her place, breakfast and dinner at mom's place every single day, except for weekends. Oppss...and ever since my washing machine is spoiled, mom does my laundry and even iron mine+husband's clothes too. I know it sounds too much, but my mom is that KIND. She is the most super multi-tasking woman I've ever known! I know mothers who don't even cook for their children, okay!

In conjuction with the upcoming Mother's day, I would like to make a shoutout to all mothers in the world, "You are God's special creation!". To my mother, Hjh Halimatul Kamaliah Abdul Rahim a.k.a mommy poko, I love you so very much and words are not enough to describe how much I appreciate what you have done for me!

Everything Mom
 How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.


How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
 By Joanna Fuchs
 
 

2 comments:

Maya Marisa said...

Iza dear,

You are so lucky to hv such a sporting mom.
I was having complications throughout my pregnancy and my mom cooked for me everyday without fail. Just imagine, we would drive to my parents place for dinner. Giler manja kan kan kan

iza bakar said...

Ow yes! And I still go to my mom's place whenever I'm sick too cos only she would still take care of me like a baby :p

Post a Comment