27 April 2011

God of Carnage


This was my short and simple comment on Vivy's posting on 22.04.2011. My answer was quite to the point, as it was simply taken from Microsoft words. hehehehhehehe. But I think, God must have heard me. You have no idea how much I love this Vivy girl! Been an ardent follower of her blog and being chosen is my only hope to meet her.

Received an e-mail from NuffNang on Monday morning notifying that I was one of the 3 lucky winners of the free ticket to watch " God of Carnage" at PJ Life Arts Theatre, Jaya One later that evening.The e-mail immediately chased my Monday blues away but I was surprised by the short notice. Should I or should I not? What kinda question is that? Hell to the yes, I'm going! No question. Quite frankly, I was more thrilled about meeting Vivy than the theatre itself.


Apparently the play is famous and has won Tony Awards Best Play in 2009. The movie is going to be released in 2012 starring Kate Winslet and Jodie Foster. It is about 2 married couples that meet up to discuss the misdemeanors of their sons. However, the decent discussion turned to be ugly as it progresses. It was really funny how these couples ended up ticking off each other, rather than resolving the main issue. My favourite line of the play was "Children consume our life". hahahahhaa. I couldn't agree more.

The stage and the only set for the play. I kept questioning myself whether this ONLY set is exciting enough to keep me entertained for the next 90 minutes?

But I guess I judged too son. The casts were not dissapointing and the set was no longer the centre point once the show started.The casts acting was outstanding and I was impressed with how they were disctinctively funny and entertaining throughout the 90minutes.
  
 Q&A session after the show since it was a media preview night. Glad I was part of the night :) Kudos to Lina Teoh, Will Quah, Maya Tan and Megat Sharizal for the 90minutes of fun!

My excitement didn't end there. Meeting Vivy after the show was the highlight of the night. She was exactly like how I envision her to be. Pretty and sweet, humble and soft spoken. It was such an expeience seeing her in person and these photos are precious! Thanks for the tickets and hope to see you again, Ms.Vivy.

Photo taken from Vivy's blog. The chinese girl was the other ticket winner.

I'm one proud duck. Weeee

Its a show worth paying for. Go and get yourself a ticket at http://www.pjla.com.my/ or call 03-79600439. The play will be one of many that will be showing during PJ Laugh Fest 2011 that starts from 28 April 2011 till 5 June 2011.

  

3 comments:

dannyism said...

i envy u.. huhu. u r so lucky to have met Vivy in person.

Maya Marisa said...

Iza dear,

glad to see that you finally met your idol. it's like a dream come true rite?
it has been quite a while since i last watch a theater. my kakis semuanyer dah jadi dvd junkie...

iza bakar said...

Maya dear,
Yes, it was. Surreal indeed since I'm still new to this blogworld. By the way,meeting you is also in my wishlist. How is that?

Post a Comment