29 April 2011

Nak Jugak!!!!!

I like what Shoeshine shared about her love songs when she was courting her hubby. I had sleepless nights thinking what was mine ever since I read her posting. Turned on my "rewind" mode for 2 days and still to no avail. Turned to Mr.Hubby for help, just in case it was my "intermitten amnesia" moments of the month. Unfortunately, Mr.Hubby was no-better and told me point blankly, "I don't think we had any". Huwaaaa!!!! How could that be? I'm sure we had at least 1. "It was all your fault. You should be the one dedicating songs,but you didn't. Look what you have done now!". Mr.Hubby looked puzzled with what I was murmuring in his ears, but a man is a man and his body language told me....Talk to my hand! Pfftttt...

What is the significance of these love songs in a relationship? Nothing much, except for..it reminds you of the sweet moments that you have shared together,which most probably you would never have back...ever! hahahahhahahaha. Not that we don't love each other anymore after getting married . Of course we do and our love grow but it is never like the first time you fell in love with your life partner. Understand?? Or is it just too much to take in?

Okay....Name me 1 person that still thinks the way their partner eats or giggles is cute after they got married! I rephrase...after being married for 3 years? Tiktoktiktoktiktok....toooooooooot (after 6months)!!!! Time is up! The answer is : HARDLY!

So....these love songs are very important to remind us of how much we were in love before, especially in times when we have argument with our partner, or when you keep asking yourself whether you are marrying the right person....or when you feel irritated with the way your partner eats and especially at times when you ask yourself whether is this the same person that I fell in love before?

But in case you don't have one during your courting days and now married like me, try to listen to songs that bring fond memories to your relationship with your life partner.Songs that you have selected for your wedding day, for instance. Speaking of which, I had a few on my lists. And all these songs never failed to give me goosebumps whenever I listen to it till now. You know....that jitters that you have on your wedding day. The "thank God I found you" feelings. Waahhhh....giteww! So, you got to listen to these songs to remind yourself that there was never perfection right from the start, but only new feelings that you develop for your partner back then. Benda kalau baru-baru memang seronok, ye tak? Especially orang perempuan. Masa mula-mula beli handbag  baru, tiap-tiap hari dok belek, admire, bangga sangat dapat beg tu. Dah lama-lama, rasa macam "membazir pulak beli beg ni" or "apala yang aku pikir masa beli beg tu dulu?" .

So, sesiapa yang dah terlupa lagu apa, cuba pegi cari balik dvd kawin dulu and check out lagu apa yang korang pilih dodolu. hahahhahahah. I understand...after being married for 6 years with 3 kids, there are better and more important things to remember rather than your wedding song. But trust me...it works. Do listen to the old love songs of yours to reminisce the good old days and to keep your love alive.

p/s : My "wedding" songs were "Endless Love", "Thank God I found You" , "A Whole New World", "Mencintaimu" and "Keabadian Cinta". Ironically, Mr.Hubby dedicated 3 songs in this 6 years of marriage : "Sampai Syurga" , "Sedetik Lebih" and "Terima Kasih Cinta". Can I officially declare that we have our own songs now ? :p

Tell me what's yours?

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Iza, one of my favourites was "I'll remember you, love story, somewhere my love'.

Nice postings.....songs brings out the sunshine or moonlight in our lives.
We sing when we're happy, we sing when we sad....but life goes on....
And what would life be without a song in our life.

Have a nice weekend, and you keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

iza bakar said...

Very true Uncle Lee....we sing under any circumstances. Its just very healing, isn't it? That's why we have love songs and broken hearted songs. You have a nice weekend too :)

Maya Marisa said...

Iza,

Our theme song is LOVE by Nat King Cole.
Indeed, i had a entry on this sometime last yr sept rasa nyer.

Post a Comment